What Are The Benefits Of Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems?
Low air loss alternating therapy mattress systems are designed to provide several benefits for individuals who are bedridden or at risk of developing pressure ulcers (bedsores), including:
- Pressure Redistribution: These mattresses help redistribute pressure across the patient's body by alternately inflating and deflating air cells. This reduces the risk of pressure ulcers, as prolonged pressure on specific areas of the body can lead to tissue damage.
- Enhanced Comfort: Low air loss systems provide a more comfortable sleeping surface by reducing friction and shear forces on the skin. This can improve overall comfort and sleep quality for patients.
- Moisture Control: Many low air loss mattresses incorporate a feature that helps control moisture and perspiration. This can be particularly beneficial for patients with limited mobility or incontinence issues, as it helps keep the skin dry and reduces the risk of skin breakdown.
- Temperature Regulation: Some advanced low air loss systems have built-in temperature regulation features, helping to maintain a comfortable and consistent temperature on the mattress surface. This can be especially helpful for patients who may be sensitive to temperature fluctuations.
- Prevention of Skin Maceration: Maceration is the softening and breakdown of skin due to prolonged exposure to moisture. Low air loss systems can help prevent maceration by keeping the skin dry, reducing the risk of skin damage and infection.
- Improved Wound Healing: For patients with existing pressure ulcers or wounds, low air loss therapy can support the healing process by promoting better circulation and tissue oxygenation.
- Customizable Pressure Settings: These systems often allow healthcare providers to adjust the pressure settings to meet the specific needs of individual patients, considering factors like weight, mobility, and medical condition.
- Reduced Caregiver Burden: Using a low air loss alternating therapy mattress can reduce the need for frequent manual repositioning of patients, which can be physically demanding for caregivers and may lead to injury.
- Compliance with Healthcare Guidelines: Low air loss mattresses are recommended by clinical guidelines for preventing and managing pressure ulcers, making them an essential tool in healthcare facilities.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: By reducing the risk of pressure ulcers and providing a more comfortable and supportive surface, these mattresses can improve the overall quality of life for individuals who are bedridden or have limited mobility.
Skyward Medical Is Authorized
Top 3 Most Purchased Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems
- Rotation Options: 20-degree or 40-degree lateral rotation therapy. Left turn, right turn, or full turn options.
- Comfort and Control: Static mode with True Low Air Loss Therapy. Enhanced comfort for moisture and temperature control.
- Patient Safety: Raised side air rails for added patient safety.
- Weight Capacity: Accommodates patient weights up to 850 lbs.
- Cover Material: High vapor permeable and quilted nylon cover for durability.
- Low Slip Base Cover: Prevents mattress movement on the bed, ensuring stability.
- Effective True Low Air Loss: Provides optimal moisture management for enhanced comfort.
- Nylon Woven Fabric with PU Coating Finish: Durable material with a protective coating.
- Cable Management: Keeps electrical cables organized and off the floor.
- CPR Quick Release System: Allows rapid deflation of the mattress system within 20 seconds in emergency situations.
- Universal Hanging Bracket: Designed to fit all types of beds, ensuring versatility and ease of installation.
- Advanced Moisture Management For Skin Health: True low air loss feature effectively wicks away moisture to prevent skin maceration.
- Optimal Weight Distribution And Pressure Relief: Twenty individual cells ensure even weight distribution and maximize pressure redistribution.
- Antibacterial and Antifungal Therapy Pad: Low shear, low friction therapy pad treated with antibacterial and antifungal agent. Fluid proof and moisture vapor permeable for enhanced hygiene.
- Enhanced Safety and Support: 2″ lower safety mattress facilitates resident transport and addresses power failure scenarios. Inflation maintained for up to 12 hours to prevent bottoming out.
- Risk Management with CairRails Side Bolsters: CairRails technology offers risk management through side air bolsters.
- Ample Comfort and Caregiver Space: 42″ wide mattress enhances resident comfort. Provides additional room for caregiver procedures.
- Versatile Operation Modes: Three operation modes: Autofirm, Therapy, and Pulsate.
Efficient CPR Deflation: Quick deflation feature for CPR situations.
- Nylon PU Cell Design for Hygiene: Easy to clean design. Minimizes bacterial proliferation.
- Happy Heel Protection: 3 selectable softness settings. Focuses on the last 4 air cells. Protects fragile heels.
- High Weight Capacity: Accommodates patient weights up to 1,000 lbs.
- Supportive Convoluted Foam Base: 2” foam base. Provides additional support during power failure.
- Customized Comfort for Heels: Happy Heel offers multiple comfort settings for heel protection.
- Reduced Shearing and Friction: Low-slip nylon under the mattress base cover minimizes shearing and friction between the mattress and bed frame.
- Durable and Easy to Clean: The mattress is made from nylon woven fabric with a PU coating finish, ensuring durability and ease of cleaning.
- Efficient Cable Management: Built-in cable management system keeps electrical cables organized and off the floor.
- Rapid CPR Release: CPR quick release system deflates the mattress within 20 seconds for emergency response.
- Universal Bed Compatibility: The hanging bracket is designed to fit on all types of beds for versatile use.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"The comfort provided by the multi-layered design has proven to be incredibly beneficial for my son, who's dealing with pressure ulcers. The mattress provides the perfect balance of support and softness, effectively reducing the pressure on sensitive areas and allowing for a more restful sleep."
Katherine L. [Verified☆]
"The control unit easily attaches on the bedframe without a problem at all, which is exactly what we needed."
Andrew G. [Verified☆]
"This feature is particularly valuable in today's world, where maintaining a clean and sanitary living space is a top priority."
Francean K. [Verified☆]
Related Collections, Blogs And Articles
- Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems On Sale
- Best Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems For Home Use
- Best Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems For The Elderly
- Best Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems For Nursing Homes
- The Benefits of Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems: The Ultimate Guide
- Best Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems For Seniors
- 3 Reasons to Consider a Low Air Loss Mattress System
- Best Low Air Loss Alternating Therapy Mattress Systems For Bed Sores