What Are The Benefits Of Rotating Adjustable Beds?
Rotating adjustable beds offer several benefits that can improve comfort and health for individuals who use them, including:
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis): ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects motor neurons, leading to muscle weakness and loss of movement control. As the disease progresses, individuals with ALS may experience difficulty moving, turning, and repositioning themselves in bed. Rotating adjustable beds can help these individuals by allowing them to change their position without relying on significant muscle strength. This can enhance their comfort, prevent bedsores, and make caregiving tasks easier.
- Parkinson's Disease: Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder that can cause tremors, muscle stiffness, and mobility issues. People with Parkinson's often find it challenging to turn over in bed or find a comfortable sleeping position. Rotating beds can assist by providing gradual adjustments to their position, making it easier for them to get in and out of bed and find a comfortable sleeping angle. Additionally, some people with Parkinson's may experience sleep disturbances, and an adjustable bed can help alleviate these issues.
- Medical Rehabilitation: Rotational beds are commonly used in medical settings like hospitals and rehabilitation centers. They can help patients who are recovering from surgeries, injuries, or illnesses that limit their ability to move. The ability to change positions without straining muscles or putting pressure on certain body parts can aid in the healing process and prevent complications like pressure ulcers.
- Long-Term Care: Individuals with chronic illnesses, such as muscular dystrophy, spinal cord injuries, or conditions that lead to paralysis, may find rotational beds beneficial. These beds can help caregivers easily reposition the patient, reducing the risk of bedsores and discomfort.
- Elderly Care: Older adults who have difficulty turning over in bed due to age-related issues like arthritis or frailty can benefit from rotating adjustable beds. These beds make it easier for them to shift positions, maintain comfort, and prevent stiffness.
- Pain Management: People experiencing chronic pain or discomfort might find relief through the ability to adjust their bed's position. Rotational beds can provide various reclining angles, which may alleviate pressure on specific areas of the body and help manage pain.
- Assisting Caregivers: Rotational beds can make caregiving tasks easier. Caregivers often struggle with repositioning bedridden patients, and these beds can help reduce the physical strain on caregivers while ensuring the patient's comfort.
- Respiratory Conditions: Some individuals with respiratory issues find it more comfortable to sleep in a slightly elevated position. Rotational adjustable beds can allow for easy adjustments to find the optimal angle for breathing.
- Customized Comfort: These beds can also be used by individuals who simply want the ability to adjust their bed's position for reading, watching TV, or finding a comfortable sleeping angle.
Skyward Medical Is Authorized
Most Purchased Rotating Adjustable Bed
- Who Is The ActiveCare Bed For?: The ActiveCare bed is designed for those with ALS, Parkinson's Disease, and anyone struggling with getting in and out of bed.
- Pivot Function: Pendant controlled auto-pivot function. The only fully automatic pivoting bed from which you can exit and enter in full chair position.
- Frames: Choose from fixed height or adjustable height frame options
- Stand Assist: Rising of the bed to prevent injuries
- Comfort: Promotes better positioning for improved comfort
- Transfers: Simplifies transfers in and out of bed
- USA Made: Proudly made in the USA
What Our Customers Are Saying
"The decision to choose the height adjustable version over the fixed height model has brought an unparalleled level of convenience and comfort, revolutionizing the way I transition from sleep to sitting with ease."
Regina W. [Verified☆]
"As a parent, witnessing a loved one struggle with Parkinson's has its share of challenges and heartache. When I came across the ActiveCare Auto-Pivot Bed, I was skeptical but hopeful that it might offer some relief to my son's daily struggles. Little did I know that it would exceed all expectations and become an essential part of his life. The bed's innovative auto-pivot feature is nothing short of miraculous. My son no longer has to strain or struggle to adjust his position in bed in order to transfer out."
Heather P. [Verified☆]
"Our daughter suffers with ALS and her mobility has gradually declined and the simple act of adjusting her position in bed became a daunting task. The auto-pivot mechanism has alleviated her discomfort and frustration."
Dylan S. [Verified☆]
Related Collections, Blogs And Articles
- Rotating Adjustable Beds On Sale
- What is a Rotating Adjustable Bed and Who Should Consider Using One?
- Best Rotating Adjustable Beds for ALS
- Rotating Adjustable Beds For Seniors
- Height Adjustable Rotating Beds
- What Makes Med-Mizer's ActiveCare Bed Special? Discover the Benefits of the ActiveCare Auto-Pivot Bed
- Best Rotating Adjustable Beds For Parkinson's
- Best Pivot Beds For The Elderly
- Top Rated Rotating Adjustable Beds
- Rotating Adjustable Beds For The Home
- How do Rotating Adjustable Beds Benefit Those with ALS or Parkinson's?