What Are The Benefits Of Floor Level Low Profile Beds?
Floor-level low profile beds offer several benefits that make them a popular choice for many people. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Low Height: These beds are designed to be very close to the ground, often just a few inches above the floor. This design choice contributes to a modern and unobtrusive aesthetic.
- Fall Prevention: Fall prevention is an important consideration, especially when using floor level low profile beds, as they are closer to the ground.
- Minimalistic Design: Floor-level low profile beds prioritize simplicity in their design. They typically lack the ornate headboards, footboards, and elaborate bed frames often seen in traditional bed designs.
- Platform Style: Many low profile beds are designed as platform beds. A platform bed consists of a solid or slatted surface that supports the mattress directly, eliminating the need for a box spring. This design enhances the low profile and minimalistic look.
- Versatility: These beds can work well in various design styles, from contemporary to Scandinavian to Japanese-inspired interiors. Their simplicity makes them adaptable to different room aesthetics.
- Space-Saving: Just like other floor-level beds, low profile beds are excellent space-savers. They can make a room feel more open and less cramped, which is particularly useful in smaller living spaces.
- Customization: Despite their minimalistic design, these beds can be customized with different headboard styles, finishes, and materials to match your personal taste.
- Mattress Choice: Since these beds are often platform-style, the type of mattress you choose becomes more important. Depending on the design, you might need a mattress that works well without a box spring.
- Comfort Considerations: Some people might find low profile beds less comfortable, especially if they have mobility issues or difficulty getting up from a lower position. It's important to consider your comfort and needs when choosing a bed style.
- Bedding And Decor: Due to the low profile of these beds, you might need to choose bedding and decor that complements the minimalistic look. Lower-profile bedding and shorter headboards, if any, can maintain the clean lines of the design.
Skyward Medical Is Authorized
Top 3 Most Purchased Floor Level Low Profile Beds
- Safety: The Retractabed offers the option of adding a pair of Med-Support 3-position safety rails. These rails are incredibly versatile, with a high rail position that can be used for leverage or stand assistance, a mid rail position functioning as a half rail, and a lowered position aligning the rail evenly with the mattress.
- Easy To Operate: Operating the bed is a breeze with the conveniently located electronic bed controls on the 3-position hand pendant. You can effortlessly lower the bed to a safe height of 9" from the ground, making transfers safe and easy for everyone.
- Two Available Models: When it comes to frame options, the Retractabed offers two choices. The standard frame is the fixed version, measuring 80" long by 35" wide, with no width adjustability. However, if you prefer more flexibility, the Variable Width Frame is available as an option. This allows you to adjust the bed frame's width, ranging from 35" to 39" and up to 42", providing you with a customized sleeping experience tailored to your needs.
- High Weight Capacity: 800 lbs.
- Width Adjustments: Four different width adjustments included
- Easy Assembly: Assembles in 15 minutes
- Casters: Four lockable 5" hospital grade casters
- Adjustable Height: 9- to 25-inch adjustable bed height
- Low Chair: Allows the user to sit in a modified chair-like position close to the ground.
- Low Deck Height: Deck height is 3.6 inches, and the mattress height is typically an additional 6 inches.
- Fall Protection: Beneficial for individuals at risk of falls, as it reduces the impact in case of a fall.
- Safety: Provides the comfort and support of a chair with the head and knees raised for added safety.
- Cardiac Chair: Utilizes the Reverse Trendelenburg position to offer a chair-like experience while in bed.
- Activities: Ideal for activities like eating, watching TV, or accessing an overbed table comfortably.
- Relieves Stress: Relieves pulmonary and/or respiratory stress in some patients.
- Trendelenburg: Allows the user to lie flat with the lower legs elevated.
- Reduced Swelling: Helpful in reducing swelling of the lower extremities.
- Reverse Trendelenburg: Allows the user to lie flat with the head elevated.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"The 3.6" deck height is a game-changer, making getting in and out of bed an effortless experience. The bed's low profile enhances both safety and convenience, providing a sense of independence that I hadn't experienced with other beds."
Nathan H. [Verified☆]
"Not only does this bed deliver on its promise of exceptional quality, but the lightning-fast shipping time of 3-5 days truly exceeded my expectations."
Justine M. [Verified☆]
"It's not just about the quality, but it's also about the sense of pride in supporting a company that contributes to the local economy and provides jobs right here at home. Knowing that my purchase supports American workers is a satisfying feeling."
Angelina M. [Verified☆]
Related Collections, Blogs And Articles
- Floor Level Beds On Sale
- Low Profile Beds On Sale
- Best Low Profile Beds For Seniors
- Best Floor Level Beds For Fall Prevention
- Low Profile Beds
- What is a Floor Level Bed? Discover the Benefits of Floor Level Beds
- Best Low Profile Beds For Home Use
- Best Floor Level Beds For Seniors
- Best Low Profile Beds For Nursing Homes
- Top Rated Low Profile Beds
- What is a Low Profile Bed? A Guide to Low Profile Beds
- Best Low Profile Beds For Geriatric Patients
- Top Rated Floor Level Beds
- Best Floor Level Beds For Home Use
- Best Low Profile Beds For Everyday Living
- Floor Level Beds
- Best Floor Level Beds For Nursing Homes
- How do Low Profile Beds Benefit the Elderly? Learn the Advantages of Low Profile Beds