The Z446 series of universal centrifuges by Hermle-Benchmark is the ultimate benchtop model with the highest capacity available. It features a durable premium alloy construction commonly used in aircraft. The 4 x 750ml swing-out rotor can handle centrifugal forces of up to 4,500 xg, accommodating loads of up to 28 x 50ml tubes, 68 x 15ml tubes, or 20 x microplates.
With advanced microprocessor controls, this centrifuge instantly recognizes the rotor and adjusts the rotational speed to the appropriate g-force (rcf), preventing users from exceeding the rotor's capabilities. The user-friendly front panel allows easy access to saved programs and enables adjustments to acceleration, deceleration rates, and the end-of-run alarm tone. Swapping rotors is quick, taking less than a minute, and an included rotor wrench facilitates easy installation. Upon placing a rotor on the motor shaft, the identification process activates, displaying the corresponding rotor code on the backlit LCD screen.
Please note: One rotor is required for Z446 Series Centrifuges. Please select a rotor found in the accessories tab.
- Maintenance-free induction drive
- Microprocessor with a large LCD display
- Motor-driven lid lock
- Automatic radio-frequency rotor identification system (RFID) with over speed protection, activated immediately upon rotor insertion
- Audible signal at the end of each run with multiple melody options
- Noise level below 65 dBA (depending on the rotor)
- Manufactured in compliance with international safety regulations
- Stainless steel chamber
- Temperature range: -20°C to 40°C
- CFC-free refrigeration system
- Preselection of temperature with 1°C increments
- Indication of sample temperature
- Pre-cooling program option
Distinct Control Panel
- Simple one-handed operation
- Easy programming even while wearing gloves
- Foil keyboard for easy input
- Permanent indication of preset and actual values
- Speed selection in both rpm and g-force, with increments of 10
- Ten acceleration and deceleration rates
- Pre-selection of running time from 10 seconds to 99 hours 59 minutes or continuous operation
- Quick-key for short runs
- Storage capacity for up to 99 runs, including rotor information
- Timer function: the centrifuge starts at the preselected time
- Dimensions Z446 and Z446-E: 21.3 x 26.4 x 15.4 in.
- Dimensions Z446-K and Z446-K-E: 28.7 x 26.4 x 15.4 in.
- Speed: 200 to 16,000rpm
- Power Requirement Z446 and Z446-K: 115V
- Power Requirement Z446-E and Z446-K-E : 230V
Additional InformationUser Warranty: Five Years
About Benchmark Scientific