The SleepSafe® BASIC safety bed offers a secure and peaceful sleeping environment for individuals with special needs, while providing reassurance for their caregivers. The bed is designed to comply with or exceed the FDA's regulations for preventing entrapment and falls. Its CertiPUR-US memory foam mattress offers exceptional comfort and support, with gel polymers to help regulate the user's body temperature. The mattress is covered in a fluid-resistant, anti-microbial/anti-bacterial, fire-retardant stretch Nylon fabric, which provides unique comfort zones for pressure relief and support up to 350 lbs. The bed also features minimal space between the side rails, head and foot boards, and the mattress, even with compression.
- Made To Order: SleepSafe makes their beds to order, guaranteeing high quality.
- Low Transfer Height: The SleepSafe® – BASIC Bed boasts a low transfer height that facilitates effortless movement from bed to wheelchair.
- Color Finishes: The bed is available in Alder, Maple, and Oak finishes, which may display natural knots.
- Safety: The safety rail height ranges from 16½" to 22" depending on the configuration, and the TWIN model conforms to the standard twin bed size.
- Fixed with Bunkie Board: offers a foundation with a fixed height and NO articulation or HI-LO features. The mattress will lie flat on a bunkie board.
- Electric Head and Knee Articulation: offers an electric frame with a fixed height choice. This foundation features head and knee/foot elevation by remote control. With the touch of a button, can elevate the head and/or knee/foot section of the bed.
- Manual Head and Knee Articulation: This will raise and lower the head and/or knee section of the bed with a combination of two cranks located in the front panel of the bed below the safety rail.
Wood Finish Options
- Alder is a rustic birch with random knots and straight grain. It is moderately light with a clear, natural finish.
- Maple is the lightest of wood choices and shows very little wood grain.
- Oak is a bit darker than the maple, but relatively light in color and shows more natural wood grain.
- Bunkie Board - Rail Height: 22" or 19"
- Electric Articulation: no Hi-Low
- Rail Height: 23¼" or 20"
Mattress To Floor Height
- Fized Bunkie Board: 17¾" or 21"
- Articulating: 23¼" or 20"
- Transfer Height: 21¼" (Rail on)
Additional InformationUser Warranty
About SleepSafe Beds