In this blog post we will go over what Tilt-In-Space Wheelchairs are, the benefits they give to users, best selling tilt-in-space wheelchairs and where to buy.
What Is A Tilt-In-Space Wheelchair?
A tilt-in-space wheelchair is a type of wheelchair designed to provide more comfortable seating and positioning for individuals who need to spend extended periods of time in a wheelchair. Unlike traditional wheelchairs, where the entire chair and occupant move together when the chair is reclined or tilted, a tilt-in-space wheelchair allows the seat and backrest to tilt back as a unit while maintaining the same angle between the seat and backrest.
This allows the user to maintain the same seated position while changing the orientation of their body in space. In addition to providing a more comfortable and ergonomic seating position, tilt-in-space wheelchairs can also help prevent pressure sores and other medical issues that can arise from prolonged sitting in the same position.
What Are The Health Benefits Associated With Tilt-In-Space Wheelchairs?
Tilt-in-space wheelchairs offer several health benefits to individuals who require a wheelchair for mobility. Some of the benefits associated with these wheelchairs include:
Pressure Relief: Tilt-in-space wheelchairs allow the user to change their position and distribute their weight more evenly, reducing the risk of developing pressure ulcers.
Improved Posture: These wheelchairs offer adjustable seating positions, including tilt, recline, and elevation, which can help improve posture and reduce the risk of developing spine-related problems.
Enhanced Comfort: Tilt-in-space wheelchairs can be adjusted to the user's specific needs, providing a more comfortable and ergonomic seating position.
Improved Respiratory Function: Tilting the wheelchair backward can improve breathing by allowing the diaphragm to expand and increase lung capacity.
Improved Digestion: Tilting the wheelchair forward can facilitate the digestion process by encouraging food to move more easily through the digestive tract.
Reduced Muscle Tone: Tilting the wheelchair can help reduce muscle tone in individuals with spasticity or other muscle-related conditions.
Improved Circulation: Tilt-in-space wheelchairs can improve blood flow and reduce the risk of blood clots.
Overall, tilt-in-space wheelchairs can help improve the quality of life for individuals who require a wheelchair for mobility, by reducing the risk of medical complications and improving comfort and function.
What Are The Best Selling Tilt-In-Space Wheelchairs?
The Karman VIP2 Tilt-in-Space & Reclining Transport Wheelchair is the next generation in innovation and design for Tilt wheelchairs. The VIP2 series is a revolutionary tilt and recline transport wheelchair that weighs just 36 pounds in transport mode. This design of wheelchair may be optimal for users who require a higher degree of pressure relief compared to your manual wheelchair.
The tilt and recline design allows for the user weight to be more evenly distributed on the entire body versus a standard wheelchair that can cause an immense load of pressure on the lower back, which can then lead to pressure sores, skin breakdown, and further complications. A tilt range of 0-35º is crucial in our weight-shifting center-of-gravity pressure relief design, coupled with the 30º range of reclining back, and an aircraft grade T6 aluminum frame.Key Details
- Foldable: Globally Patented Folding Design
- Product Weight: 43 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 255 lbs.
- Function: Recline And Tilt-In-Space
- Tilt: Intelligent 0-35º Tilt Evenly Distributes Pressure
- Backrest: Reclining Backrest Range Of 0-30º And Tension Adjustable
- Seatbelt: Pelvic Seatbelt Included
- Armrest: Removeable Armrest Assembly With Height Adjustable Desk Arm Pads
- Footrests: Removeable Footrest With Heel Loop
- Wheels: 14" x 1" Polyurethane High Tread Flat Free Rear Wheels
- Front Casters: 7" x 1" Polyurethane Front Casters
- Seat Width: 16", 18"
- Cushions: ANGEIS Anti-Bacterial Seat, Back, And Head Cushions
The Karman VIP-515 Tilt-in-space wheelchair series is a revolutionary tilt chair that weighs just 38 pounds in Manual Propel mode (MS).
This type of a chair redistributes pressure to the lower back to help prevent pressure sores and skin breakdown. A tilt range of 0-35º is crucial in our weight-shifting center-of-gravity pressure relief design.
The VIP-515 series frame is made of an ultra lightweight T-6 aircraft grade aluminum.
- Foldable: Only Lightweight Tilt-In-Space Chair That Also Folds
- Product Weight: 38 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Center Of Gravity: Intelligent 0-35° Center-Of-Gravity Weight Shifting To Shift Pressure And Reduce Bedsores
- Head Support: Specially Designed Ergonomic Head Pillow Included
- Armrest: Full-Length Adjustable Height Removeable Armrests And Flip-Back
- Footrests: Newly Designed Swing In And Away Footrests As Well As Flip-Back Armrests That Are Height Adjustable
- Folding: Backrest Is Foldable With A Removeable Headrest
- Wheels: 20" Large Wheels
- Seatbelt: Seatbelt Restraint Included
- Seat Width: 16", 18"
- Upholstery: Anti-Bacterial And Anti-Staining AEGIS Upholstery
Where To Buy?
Skyward Medical is an authorized online dealer of high-quality, tilt-in-space wheelchairs designed to provide maximum comfort and support to individuals with mobility challenges.